Total Pageviews

Wednesday, 13 July 2011

Music is my religion.

Okay. So I'm home from Europe's Number 1 Music Festival, the 4 day long party that was Oxegen 2011! And what do I have to say for myself? One word. A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. Best weekend of Summer so far. 4 days of non-stop drinking and  banting and craic and festival fashion. Loved every second. Even the sick mucky parts. The weather was fairly unreal for the most part and the LOL's were pretty tremendous too in fairness.
However, the most enjoyable part of the whole weekend would have to be what...?....THE MUSIC....duhhh.
The lineup was great and my personal favorites are Coldplay and Beyonce from the Sunday night. Halo and Fix you. Words cannot describe. Seriously amazing. Chris Martin and Bey. They sounded spectacular. Their sets were both unreal and the fireworks were just beautiful.









Moral of the story?
Oxegen's amazing.
Blog subject?
M-U-S-I-C.
What does it do for us?
Would the world be the same if it didn't exist?
Who created music?
Who owns music?
Can we live without it?




Harper Collins definition?
Music - 1. The art or science of combining vocal or instrumental sounds (or both) to produce beauty of form, harmony, and expression of emotion.


Music is a universal language.
It's a way we can communicate with eachother without actually saying anything. Common music taste can bring people together. Anything goes with music, because there are so many different genres and instruments and styles etc etc. Melodies and tunes of a song are the thing that initially draw a person in, but the lyrics are the real dealbreaker. A beautiful lyric can make someone feel something. It can allow them to relate and it leaves them wanting more..which eventually ends in cranking up the volume. The subject matter thesedays is usually one of three basic general topics.



















A) Partying really hard on a yacht or in a nightclub.
B) Hooking up or getting down and dirty with some unreal bure.
C) A really bitter nasty horrible depresso breakup that kills to         even think about.




The reason that subject matter is so limited is because in order for the song to hit the charts people need to be able to relate/understand/appreciate what the songs actually trying to say. 




A) For example, "LMFAO - PARTY ROCK".


"Party rock is in the house tonight
Everybody just have a good time
And we gonna make you lose your mind
Everybody just have a good time."



The basic message is that we're all together trying to have a good night. Its a crowdpleaser and everybody knows it. The minute it starts everybodys hoppin' & boppin' and poppin'. It's sure to get everybody going and the craic is @ fullspeed when this choon starts to blare. Gotta love it. Next time your somewhere and it starts to blare just gawk @ everybodys facial expressions. SUCH A CHOON. They laave it. Pure funny.


"Lady GaGa - Pokerface".

"I wanna roll with him a hard pair we will be
A little gambling is fun when you're with me.
Russian Roulette is not the same without a gun,
But baby when it's love if its not rough it isn't fun."



Soz. That lyric.
UNREALLLLLL.
One of my alltime favorites.


"Example - Kickstarts".


"And the love kick starts again
Starts again."











B)


"David Guetta ft. Akon - Sexy Bitch".


"She's nothing like a girl you've ever seen before
Nothing you can compare to your neighborhood hoe
I'm trying to find the words to describe this girl
Without being disrespectful".





"Neyo - Sexy Love".


"Sexy love girl the things you do
(Oh baby baby) Keep me sprung, keep running back to you
Oh I love making love to you
Babygirl you know you're my (sexy love...)




"Bloc Party - I still remember".


I still remember. How you looked that afternoon. There was only you. You said it was just like a full moon. Blood beats faster in our veins. We left our trousers by the canal. And our fingers they almost touched. You should have asked me for it. I would have been brave. You should have asked me for it. How could I say no? And our love could have soared over playgrounds and rooftops. Now every park bench screams your name. I kept your tie. I'd have gone wherever you wanted. And on that teacher's training day. We wrote our names on every train. Laughed at the people off to work.












C)

My favorite lyrics are the mushy gushy heartfelt ones that really mean something and touch you where it hurts. The ones that hurt you when you hear them. The ones that go in your ears, down your throat , past your lungs and all around your heart. That's what I think it's all about. Words that some random rockstar can write in a random hotel room. Those words can touch anybody anywhere in any country/continent all over the world. It amazes me and it connects people. It is a beautiful thing. Truly. It's what music is all about. 


"Adele - Someone like you".

"Nevermind, I'll find someone like you.
I wish nothing but the best, for you too.
Don't forget me, I beg, I remember you said:-
"Sometimes it lasts in love but sometimes it hurts instead"


"Lil' Wayne - How to love".

"When you was just a young’un your looks was so precious
But now your grown up
So fly its like a blessing but you can’t have a man look at you for 5 seconds
Without you being insecure
You never credit yourself so when you got older
It’s seems like you came back 10 times over
Now you’re sitting here in this damn corner
Looking through all your thoughts and looking over your shoulder

See you had a lot of crooks tryna steal your heart
Never really had luck, couldn’t never figure out
How to love...How to love"




"Snow Patrol - Just say Yes".

"Just say yes
Just say there's nothing holding you back
It's not a test
Nor a trick of the mind, only love"












So to conclude, 
Music is amazing.
We cannot live without it.
No single person owns music no matter how many taxes they pay, it is a product of time and society. :)
It is ours. 
It produces endorphins which are positive chemicals in the brain..(I didn't do a science subject so forgive me if thats not 100% correct)
The world would be a less happy place if it was not for music.
It makes us happy and we would be unexpressive saddo's 24/7 if we didn't have music to fall back on.
I LOVE IT AND IT BREEDS HAPPINESS AND CREATIVITY.
Yup ya boyo! PEACE. x








No comments:

Post a Comment