So.Its 7.15pm on the 21st of August. 2011.
Accomplishments? 2 leaving certs all in a row.
Life Achievements? Yet to be decided by the wonderful people in the CAO offices of Galway city.
Mood? Hiya shitting the biggest most massivest sickest bitch tonne of bricks you've ever laid eyes on.
So obvz I got my LC results on Tuesday or whenever it was and YOP I got enough for my number one choice..English in UCD. :) Now all I can do is wait until 6am tomorrow morning to see how my fate has been decided. For now I'm just another one of the thousands of sitting ducks in the country counting down the minutes until CAO hands us the keys to the locked safe that is our future. Where will it be? UCD? DIT? DCU? NUIG? NUIM? IADT? NCAD? Who the fuck knows?
All I know is I need to be in the Capital city, that's where it's at for me.
I wanna be in UCD student accomadation, living the irish prosperous student life.
With a fiver in my pocket, a smile on my face, a ticket for the bus and my earphones blaring.
I can't wait to sit on the bus and stare out the window at the people walking everywhere around Dublin.
I can't to dress like a crazy college go-er with my preppy chinos and my hair slicked back ;)
I can't wait to decorate my dorm room and be a total loser and always refuse to not call in dorm but I'm american.:)
I'm gonna be one of those really uncool college girls who rents a bike for 3e in the city and just cycles around staring everywhere. Not because it's a new place or because I'm unfamiliar with it, far from it.
Just because it's going to hopefully be my new home.
I wanna soak in all my new surroundings and embrace 'em.
The dodgy homeless guys who sleeps near my local shop.
The annoying foreigners selling 'THE BIG ISSUE' on my route to college.
Or the pervy busdriver who awkwardly stares my chest everytime I get on the bus.
(truestory)
Hopefully in a few short hours I won't feel like an absolute tool when I don't get what I want.
Hopefully I will get what I want...I have like 40 spare points more than I need so if I don't and my course goes way up high in the sky then I can personally guarantee that I will be back here same time tomorrow night blogging and crying about how I don't know what went wrong and blah blah blah. Anyways back to being an absolute optimist.
I CANNOT WAIT FOR COLLEGE.
I can't wait to not have the 2.20 or whatever price it is to get the bus home because I spent all my money on 2e shots.
I can't wait to hitch a ride with a car full of foreigners all the way to UCD with my room-mates after a long and awkward conversation on our means of paying back the favor, only to realise we've all forgotten our keys somewhere madt ;) I can't wait to lose my jacket in a nightclub and cry because it really was my favorite jacket. I even can't wait to join the Campus Gym. And for there to be no good food in the cupboards.
UGH. Seriously. Even talking about all these awkward and unforch kinda mishaps it just completely sends me into a drowning spin of excitement.
I really hope my room mates are fun.
I hope there's only whose always drunk.
And one whose really gay.
And one who never stops smoking.
And then a bookworm who reads all the time and always cleans up after everyone.
I hope our apartment is like being on the set of FRIENDS.
Not that I want a Ross-Rachel thingy blooming in our humble abode since obvz that just wouldn't be good for hoursekeeping. Two lovers in the one apartment. Awk.com/getthefuckout. I just wanna get on really well with my roomies and worship the UCD eluding ground they all walk on. I want them to like me and not be completely repulsed by my annoying habit of drinking the last dash of cranberry juice left in the carton. Or hate me for ALWAYS forgetting to lock the door. Or for just being the moose that I generally am. I really hope we grow to be besties. I also hope that I grow closer to all the other people in my English and German lectures. I want to join every random society there is and I want to go on holiday with a big bunch of legends from the knitting society or something. I want to bond with my current friends room mates so that one day we can be one big happy UCD family and we can go shopping and to the zoo and just generally be really happy and fun and fashionable. I also hope that I can keep up with fashion while at college since I'm going to be an ultimate nerd doing my homework ALL THE TIME EVERY WAKING NIGHT. However I solemnly sware never to miss a party in my vacinity. Just wouldn't be good first year college going person behaviour. Can't be breaking those kinda moulds.
I can't wait to be in my room unpacking, being all awkward and desperately wanting to scream in a geordie accent...''Day 1 in the big UCD house.'' :)
So excited to make friends and live life and stay out all night and never have money.
I'll buy all my clothes in Oxfam and I'll share crumbs of food with beggars who oblige me.
I can't wait to always be on the luas with my besties.
And to late for every lecture I ever step foot in.
And to complain about the 4 essays that are due in a few hours that I haven't even started yet.
Or to just be in college.and have a college card. and be like FUCKYOULEAVINGCERTFUCKYOU.'
So yeah.
It's now 1.44 in the AM.
I'm hopefully going to know the brief in just a few minutes over 5 hours.
Wish me luck.
Lift is about to begin. (fingers crossed)
Goodbye Mullingar.
College.
Here I fucking come.
:)



























No comments:
Post a Comment